- Library cards for use in borrowing library materials and for other library services are granted free of charge to library district residents.
- Adult library cards are granted to those age 16 and over. A parentís permission signature and proof of address will be required of those under age 18 who are unable to provide proof of address in their own name as required in item 4 below.
- Juvenile library cards may be applied for by children able to print their first and last names. A parentís permission signature will be required on library card applications through age 15. The parent signing must provide a proof of address as required in item 4 below.
- A current proof of address listing name and full address is required of all adult library card applicants. Acceptable proofs of address are as follows:
- Driverís license ; ticket in lieu of license
- State ID card
- Printed checks or bank statement
- Voterís registration card
- Insurance policy or ID Card
- Property tax bill
- Automobile Registration
- Utility Bill
- Formal lease or rental agreement (not hand-printed)
- Library card applicants must pay all fines, fees and charges that may be due before library cards are issued. The library may also delay issuance of library cards until fines or charges due at other libraries are paid. Other than routine overdue fines, all fines and other charges owed at other libraries must be paid at those libraries.
- On approval of library card application, applicants are granted immediate use of the library. Actual issuance of library cards may be immediate or may be delayed by one business day.
- Original library cards are issued to residents free of charge; a fee of $2.00 is charged for the replacement of lost, stolen, or destroyed cards.
- Resident library cards are issued for a period of three years, after which the patron must show proof of address for library card renewal.
The Fox Lake District Library serves most of Grant Township, Illinois, with a total service population of 25,284 people (2010 census) in Fox Lake, Ingleside and portions of Lakemoor, Round Lake, Spring Grove, Volo and also small portions of Antioch and Burton Townships.
Loan Periods and Fines
Following are the loan periods for circulating materials at the Fox Lake District Library:
|New Adult Fiction Books||7 days||$.10 per day||Unlimited|
|Books||2 weeks||$.10 per day||Unlimited|
|Fiction DVDs*||3 days||$2.00 per day||See note below|
|Nonfiction/TV/B Adult DVDs *||2 weeks||$2.00 per day||See note below|
|Nonfiction Juvenile DVDs *||2 weeks||$2.00 per day||See note below|
|Videocassettes (VHS) *||3 days||$2.00 per day||See note below|
|Audio books on cassette or CD *||2 weeks||$.10 per day||10 audio books per card|
|Compact discs *||2 weeks||$.10 per day||10 CDs per card|
|Youth Books with Cassettes *||2 weeks||$.10 per day||10 books w/cassette per card|
|Magazines*||2 weeks||$.10 per day||10 Magazines per card|
|Interlibrary Loan *||Varies||$.10 per day|
*Patrons may borrow an unlimited number of materials from the library, with the following per card limits:
- 5 Visual materials (DVD and VHS) per card
- 10 Audio books on cassette or CD
- 10 Magazines
- 10 Cassette/Book Bags
- 5 Interlibrary loans in process at one time
All materials except DVDs, Videotapes, and Interlibrary Loans may be renewed. Materials with holds cannot be renewed.