Conference Room Policy
Please call the library at 941-4655 for details regarding scheduling a meeting in a Conference Room.
The Greenwood County Library has two (2) conference rooms. The Library reserves conference rooms on a first come first served basis, as scheduling permits. The right of a group to meet in the public library does not constitute an endorsement of the group's policies or beliefs by the Greenwood County Library System. The needs of the Library and its affiliates take precedence over those of other organizations. The Library reserves the right to limit use where the demands for meeting space so require, and , when necessary, the Library will notify a group as soon as possible if its scheduled room use needs to be cancelled.
Rules for Use
1.Groups who wish to use a conference room may sign up for one at the Reference Desk. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the library, including the conference rooms.
2.Groups who wish to use a conference room must sign an application. The signer of the application must be an adult, and is responsible for the orderly conduct of the group.The applicant must have a library card, and owe less than $5 in fines/fees to be in good standing. Requests are pending until the application is complete, and written confirmation is received from library staff. In the event of any damage to library property and equipment, that individual will be liable. Young children accompanying adult users of a conference room may not be left unattended in the library.
3.Students grade 12 and under are not allowed to use a conference room without adult supervision.
4. Maximum attendance in Conference Room 1 is 12 adults. Maximum attendance in Conference Room 2 is 25 adults. Maximum attendance is determined by the local fire code.
5. Conference rooms are available for public use when the library is open. Rooms must be vacated fifteen (15) minutes prior to closing. When circumstances so require, the Library Director or designee may terminate a meeting in progress.
6. Room set-up is each group's responsibility. The room must be left in the condition in which it was found unless other instructions are given.
7. The Conference Rooms may not be used for personal events or personal social activities. This includes but is not limited to weddings, bridal/baby showers, birthday parties, etc. Meetings planned as commercial endeavors or to advertise products or services are prohibited.
8. The Library reserves the right to withdraw permission for conference room use when conditions warrant such action. Meetings must be conducted so as not to disturb others using the library. Groups which disturb library activities or library users will be denied future use of conference rooms.
9. The Library is not responsible for items left in a conference room.
Approved September 15, 2010