Laconia Public Library
Board of Trustees
Minutes of Meeting
January 26, 2017
Volpe Conference Room
Call to Order: Laconia Public Library Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting in Volpe Conference Room. Chairman John Moriarty called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Present: John Perley, Liz Rosenfeld, Bob Selig, Alternates Nadine Jordan and Linda Phelps and Director Randy Brough. Not Present: James Anderson, Kimberly Danosi, Glenn Smith and City Council Liaison Brenda Baer. Chairman seated both Alternate Phelps.
Pat Tierney and Pam Clark from Laconia Historical Museum Society presented their proposed exhibit schedule for 2017.
Minutes of December 8, 2016 approved. Motion Selig; Second: Jordan
Treasurer’s Report: Financial report for December was discussed and approved. Motion: Selig; Second: Perley Unanimous
· Library has been asked by the City to provide a list of approximately five questions to assist City Council when interviewing and appointing Trustee applicants. Current Board member input is welcome.
· Event planning and Marketing Guidelines and Social Media Plan documents were distributed. These documents were developed by Amanda Alwyn with input from other staff.
· STEM udate was provided by Director and Liz. Possibility of taking library programs into schools will be investigated.
· Director served as a judge at the Poetry Out Loud competition sponsored by Laconia High School and Stand Up Laconia.
· SNITU has been awarded the Annual Excellence in Architecture Best Design for their new library.
· In addition to his duties as State Librarian, Michael York is serving as interim Commissioner of Cultural Affairs.
· John reported on a recent public inquiry into LPL Trust documents.
· Bob reported that Colonial Theater project fundraising is only $50,000.00 short of the 413.6 million goal.
· Director will arrange meeting with Father Marc Drouin to inform him of Eversource plans to install equipment adjacent to the back edge of the parking lot.
· Board voted unanimously (Motion: Selig; Second: Phelps) to give to LHMS $20,000.00 to partially cover costs associated with mounting four exhibits in library in 2017. Funds to come from LPL Trust Funds.
· John Perley will research LPL investment policy to determin if it needs revision, and to determine if a separate endowment policy needs to be created. Bank of New Hampshire Wealth Management Services will be invited to the next LPL Board meeting.
Upcoming meetings: January 26; March 23; April 27; May 25; June 22 at 5:00pm in Volpe Room.
Meeting adjourned at 6:40pm.