Laconia Public Library
Board of Trustees
Minutes of Meeting
May 26, 2016
VOTED : Minutes of April 14 2016 approved. Motion: Selig; Second: Danosi
VOTED: April expenditures approved. Motion: Selig; Second: Jordan. Unanimous
VOTED: Chairman, Treasurer, Director are authorized to sign checks for LPL checking account. Bank signature cards will be updated. Motion: Selig; Second: Anderson. Unanimous
VOTED: Permission granted to Laconia Historical & Museum Society to rearrange order of library exhibits. Motion: Anderson; Second: Selig. Unanimous
VOTED: To purchase a camera system upgrade, vendor chosen by Director, cost between $18,000 - $24,000. Motion: Selig; Second: Rosenfeld. Unanimous
VOTED: To install wireless system that will a) upgrade service and b) prevent illegal downloading of copyrighted material. Motion: Selig; Second: Rosenfeld. Unanimous
Laconia Public Library Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting in Volpe Room. Chairman John Moriarty called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Present: James Anderson; Kimberly Danosi; Nadine Jordan; John Perley; Liz Rosenfeld; Bob Selig; Director Randy Brough
Not Present: Glenn Smith; City Council Liaison Brenda Baer
New alternate Trustee Nadine Jordan was welcomed. The chairman seated Jordan for Smith.
Nancy Brown of the City Manager’s office confirmed that Craig McKeon Clark did not opt to apply for reappointment and therefore is no longer a trustee.
Finance: Budget presentation to City Council is scheduled for Monday, June 13 at 6:00pm.
Personnel: Director needs to catch up on staff evaluations. Goal is to be up-to-date with them by his start anniversary in September.
Investment: Members of the investment committee will continue to be authorized to discuss and liaise with Bank of New Hampshire Wealth Management Services.
Technology: Bandwidth analysis will be sought from Metrocast.
· Was guest on WEMJ open mike on May 19.
· Check has been given to WWI Memorial Restoration Fund.
· Gale to Goss Walk was held May 14. Overall number of participants was down from previous years, but those who did participate had a wonderful time.
· Library staff is going to significantly increase promotion of Hoopla.
· Will explore opportunities for collaboration with Laconia Schools.
· Will be introduced as Chairman to library staff at an upcoming staff meeting.
· Bob and Randy spoke with Suzanne Perley about options for landscaping the lawn between library and church parking lots. Bottom line is that nothing will grow very well without adequate water supply, which is not currently available for that area. Irrigation will have to be investigated.
· Church Street step/walkway repair. Still awaiting pricing from Wesfield Construction. In the meantime, Bonnette, Page & Stone repaired steps that were posing a safety issue. Barriers have been removed and all walkways are functional.
· Camera system upgrade. See vote above. RFPs will be forwarded to Trustees.
· Wireless system upgrade , including new routers. See vote above.
· Written permission for library donation to Colonial Theater project has not yet been received from New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office.
Laconia Historical & Museum Society Director Pat Tierney was present to discuss upcoming exhibits and the order in which they will be displayed. Permission was granted to rearrange the order of exhibits. See vote above. For the initial six weeks of LHMS flag exhibit, space will be shared with LPL Harry Potter exhibit.
Next meeting is Thursday, June 23, at 5:00pm.
Meeting adjourned at 7:25pm.