Laconia Public Library
Board of Trustees
Minutes of Meeting
April 14, 2016
VOTED : Minutes of March 10, 2016 approved. Motion: Danosi; Second: Moriarty
VOTED: March expenditures approved. Motion: Smith; Second: Danosi. Unanimous
VOTED: Election of officers. On a motion by Perley, Seconded by Danosi, the Board voted unanimously to elect the following slate of officers:
· Chairman: John Moriarty
· Vice Chair: Bob Selig
· Treasurer: Olie Anderson
· Secretary: Kimberly Danosi
VOTED: To thank Bob Selig for seventeen years of exemplary service as Chairman of The Board of The Laconia Public Library. (Motion: Smith; Second: Perley)
Laconia Public Library Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting in Volpe Room. Chairman Bob Selig called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Present: Kimberly Danosi; John Moriarty; John Perley; Glenn Smith; Director Randy Brough
Not Present: James Anderson; Liz Rosenfeld; Craig Clark; Nadine Jordan; City Council Liaison Brenda Baer
· Library is scheduled to appear before City Council for 2016-2017 budget review on Monday, June 13 at 6:00pm.
· Program attendance is increasing. Ads in Daily Sun are having a positive effect on program attendance. A series of special programs is scheduled for National Library Week. Several STEM programs are also scheduled, including Maker Play session for teens and a visit from The SEE Science Center SEEmobile for children of all ages.
· Fourth annual Gale to Goss Walk will be held on Saturday, May 14 beginning at 10:00am.
· RFP for security camera upgrade/expansion has been prepared by Jon Gardner. Walk through for vendors is Wednesday, April 27at 8:30 am. Bids will be due May 4.
· Stumps will be removed from strip of land adjoining St. Joseph Church property. Church will share costs. Opechee Garden Club has provided suggestions for appropriate plantings for the area.
· Library will be presenting a $2,000.00 check to Raymond Peavey for The Veterans Memorial Restoration Fund to help defray costs involved in moving and restoring The World War I Memorial.
· Library is still awaiting a written decision from Attorney General’s Office regarding donation to 609 Main Street Colonial Theater Block Redevelopment initiative.
Upcoming meetings: Thursday, May 26 @ 5:00pm
Thursday, June 23 @ 5:00pm
Meeting adjourned at 6:30pm. Motion: Smith; Seconded; Perley