Laconia Public Library
Board of Trustees
Minutes of Meeting
March 10, 2016
VOTED : Minutes of January 13, 2016 approved. Motion: Smith; Second: Perley
VOTED: January expenditures approved. Motion: Smith; Second: Perley. Unanimous
VOTED: February expenditures approved. Motion: Perley; Second: Danosi. Unanimous
VOTED: To approve expenditures ($5200.00) recommended by STEM Committee (See attached Committee notes) Motion: Moriarty; Second: Perley
VOTED: To contribute $2000.00 (from Trust Funds) to the Veterans Memorial Restoration Fund to help defray
Costs involved in moving and restoring The World War I Memorial. Motion: Moriarty; Second: Perley.
Laconia Public Library Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting in Volpe Room. Chairman Bob Selig called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Present: Kimberly Danosi; John Moriarty; John Perley; Liz Rosenfeld; Glenn Smith; Director Randy Brough
Not Present: James Anderson; Craig Clark; City Council Liaison Brenda Baer
· Board discussed recommendations submitted by STEM Committee ( see attached notes), and voted unanimously to approve expenditure of $5200.00 to implement STEM programs. (Motion: Moriarty; Second: Perley)
· Board voted unanimously (Motion: Moriarty; Second: Perley) to contribute $2000.00 (from Trust Funds) to The Veterans Memorial Restoration Fund to help defray costs involved in moving and restoring The World War I Memorial.
· Board discussed CBH estimate to replant the strip of land adjoining St. Joseph Church property. Board wants stumps removed first. Director will seek estimate from Ironwood Stump Grinding, and share results with Church authorities. Also, Opechee Garden Club might have a different suggestion for appropriate plantings.
· Jon Gardner is preparing RFP for surveillance camera system upgrade. Director will speak to Jon about expediting the process. Drug issues on library property seem to have abated recently.
· Director will provide analysis of wireless performance to Board. Additional routers may be needed to address issues affecting service.
· Paid advertising in Daily Sun seems to be paying off, as advertised programs are seeing attendance increases.
· The Public hearing scheduled for 7:00 this evening has been postponed until further notice.
Next regular Board of Trustees meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 14 at 5:00pm in the Volpe Room and will include election of Board Officers.
Meeting adjourned at 6:50pm.