September 2013 Minutes
Laconia Public Library
Board of Trustees
Minutes of Meeting
September 26, 2013
VOTED: Minutes of regular meeting July 25, 2013 approved. Motion: Anderson; Second: Danosi. Unanimous.
VOTED: July expenditures approved. Motion: Anderson; Second: Perley. Unanimous.
August 2013 expenditures approved. Motion: Anderson; Second: Perley. Unanimous. [Finance]
VOTED: Board voted to issue free library cards to LPL volunteers who volunteer 10 hours minimum, including Opechee Garden Club members. Motion: Anderson; Second: Smith. Unanimous
Laconia Public Library Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting in Volpe Room.
Chairman Bob Selig called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Present: James Anderson; Kimberly Danosi; John Perley; Glenn Smith; Director Randy Brough
Not Present: Beth Strauss had a school commitment; John Moriarty briefly attended; City Council Liaison Brenda Baer
July, August 2013 expenditures approved.
No word yet from City Hall regarding 2014-2015 budget.
- Bob attended the luncheon for library grounds volunteers including CBH Landscaping; Opechee Garden Club; Parks & Recreation Dept. Board voted unanimously to issue free library cards to LPL volunteers who give a minimum of ten hours to the library.
- Vic Reno was at the library on September 9 to review lighting needs. He was contacted earlier in the week, and should be ready to provide design options and estimated costs soon.
- New teen room computer access procedures are working. Library is now offering hands-on computer instruction on teen computers on Wednesday afternoons prior to school dismissal.
- Masonry work (beginning on Main Street entrance) will begin soon.
- Weeding of Children’s Room picture book collection has commenced.
- Updated topology of library computer network is nearly complete.
- Discussion regarding children’s writing program has been initiated with Beth Strauss. Project EXTRA staff will also be contacted for possible collaboration.
- Library is forwarding program information to Sue Williams, Coordinator of Resident Life at Taylor Community.
- Exciting program on October 10: free community screening of Mother Nature’s Child: Growing Outdoors in the Media Age, in partnership with Laconia Parks & Recreation and Prescott Farm.
- October 17: LPL participates in Lakes Region Scholarship Foundation Spelling Bee.
- Spoke at Senior Center last Tuesday.
- Appeared on WEZS radio program “Advocates” last Saturday.
October 24, December 5.
Meeting adjourned 6:07pm. Motion: Anderson; Second: Danosi.