July 2013 Minutes
Laconia Public Library
Board of Trustees
Minutes of Meeting
July 25, 2013
VOTED: Minutes of regular meeting May 16, 2013 approved. Motion: Anderson; Second: Danosi. Unanimous.
VOTED: Minutes of regular meeting June 27, 2013 approved. Motion: Anderson; Second: Danosi. Unanimous.
VOTED: April 2013 expenditures approved. Motion: Anderson Second: Danosi. Unanimous. May 2013 expenditures approved. Motion: Anderson; Second: Danosi. Unanimous. June 2013 expenditures approved. Motion: Anderson; Second: Moriarty. Unanimous. [Finance]
Board voted unanimously to accept lighting design proposal from Reno Engineering & Light Design at a cost not to exceed $3000.00. Motion: Anderson; Second: Moriarty
Board voted unanimously to move Capital Campaign donor book into Local History Room. Motion: Anderson; Second: Danosi.
Board voted (5 in favor; 1 opposed) to make Teen Room computers available to teens only. Motion: Anderson; Second: Selig.
Facebook, etc. will be unblocked on three Reference Room computers.
Laconia Public Library Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting in Volpe Room.
Chairman Bob Selig called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
Present: James Anderson; Kimberly Danosi; John Moriarty; John Perley; Glenn Smith; Director Randy Brough
Not Present: Beth Strauss (Laconia Schools Superintendent appointee); City Council Liaison Brenda Baer
April, May, June 2013 expenditures approved. FY 2012-2013 results were discussed. Budget was under spent about $20, 000.00 due largely to under spending in staff costs and utilities.
- Lighting proposal for Periodical Room and Mowbray Room was approved.
- Capital Campaign Donor Book will be made available in the Local History Room.
- News story on Watertown, Ma. Library decision to clear local history shelf space to make room for Watertown Arsenal documents was discussed.
- Discussion on adequacy of public computer access led to a decision to make Teen Room computers available for teens only. Facebook, etc. will be unblocked on three Reference Room computers.
- Staff use of back door into library led to discussion of library policy regarding keys. Current procedures will be reviewed and A&B Locksmith consulted.
- Appreciation luncheon for volunteers (Opechee Garden Club; CBH Landscaping: Enchanted Earth Design; City of Laconia Parks & Recreation Dept.) will be held in the fall.
- Children’s Picture Book collection will be weeded.
- Director will discuss with Beth Strauss ideas for establishing a writing program for children.
- Fourteen books have been purchased in recognition of Daylon Brock’s years of service as Trustee. A letter signed by Trustees will be sent to Daylon.
- SEE Center pass has been purchased.
August 22, September 26, October 24, December 5.
Meeting adjourned 6:40pm. Motion: Anderson; Second: Danosi.