*** Page under construction***
EBSCO eBooks may be read by selecting either eBook Full Text or Download (Offline).
1. Download (Offline allows a user access to the book for up to 7 days on a mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer. It is only available to LaCollege faculty, students, and staff.
2. eBook Full Text allows a user to read the book online without downloading during a single online session. It is available to all on campus users and as an off-campus service to LaCollege faculty, students, and staff when using the appropriate username and password.
There's a few steps here, but you only have to go through the initial process once. Then, it's quick and easy to download:
Adobe Digital Editions
To download eBooks to an eReader you will need to download Adobe Digital Editions to your computer and authorize Digital Editions with your Adobe ID.
Download Adobe Digital Editions to your computer
- Windows 7 & Mac users, download Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html
- Windows XP and Nook Simple Touch users, download Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.2.: http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html - software is located under “Manually install Adobe Digital Editions for Windows” (We have noticed that the use of newer editions of Adobe Digital Editions may cause the program to crash when using Windows XP and is not compatible with the Nook Simple Touch)
- Create an Adobe ID. www.adobe.com/account/sign-in.adobedotcom.html
- Select "Sign in" in the upper right hand corner of the Adobe website.
- Select the link, "Don't have an Adobe ID?" just below the yellow "Sign in" button.
- Follow instructions to create an ID.
- Open Digital Editions on your computer and go to the "Help" function on the top toolbar.
- Select "Authorize Computer"
- Enter your Adobe ID.
Verify or create an EBSCO login through the LC Library, click on the EBSCO Discovery Services link and click on "sign in" tab at the top of the page. You will be redirected to the EBSCO sign in page.
Depending on the device you are using, follow these instructions:
IPad, IPhone & Google Nexus: Click Here
Kindle Fire, HD & HDX: Click Here
Nook Simple Touch: Click Here