- Student Research Center: Browse or search topics from current events to art to math. Includes biographies and images.
- Britannica School
- MasterFILE Premier: Delivers articles, reference books, and an extensive image collection for every subject area, including access to Consumer Reports.
- MAS Ultra - School Edition
- Newspaper Source Plus: Access full articles from over 850 newspapers. This database now includes transcripts of television and radio news.
- Kansas Periodical Index: Find articles in 14 current and discontinued Kansas publications, 2002-2012. The index contains citations only, no full-text or links to articles.
- Academic Search Premier: Scholarly multi-disciplinary research database.
- History Reference Center: Articles, full text of historical documents, biographies, historical photos, maps, and videos.
- Kansas History (Territorial through Civil War Years, 1854-1865): Expansive and unique collection of historical documents that include personal narratives and memoirs, pamphlets and political speeches, sermons and songs, legal treatises and children's books.
- Sunflower eLibrary: Find digital audiobooks and eBooks that you can read anywhere.
- Ebsco eBook: Online access to a variety of non-fiction for all ages. Books are read within your internet browser.
- OneClick Digital Audiobooks: Learn to use the statewide digital audiobooks and ebooks library on your home computer or mobile device.
- 3M Cloud Library: Learn to use the statewide digital audiobooks and ebooks library on your home computer or mobile device.
- Freading eBooks: Learn to use the statewide digital audiobooks and ebooks library on your home computer or mobile device.
- Literary Reference Center: Browse and search full-text of literary works alongside journal articles, author biographies, and reviews.
- NoveList: Explore authors or a specific book to discover read-a-like recommendations, book discussion guides, reviews, and more.
- Learning Express Library: Learning Centers by subject (up to college level), computer software tutorials, and practice tests for college and occupational exams and the GED. The Job & Career Accelerator section provides help with resumes, interview skills, and exploring occupations. Registration required.
- Mango Languages: Courses in over 40 languages (basic and complete lessons available). Creating a user name and password is optional, but doing so will allow you to pick up where you left off between learning sessions. Learn about the mobile app here.
Resources Just for You:
- Booklists: If you’re looking for a good book, check out our booklists page. For quicker reference, check out our quicklists. If you want more detailed lists created specifically for you by the Hays Public Library, check out our Annotated Booklists.
- Personalized Booklist: Not finding what you are looking for, let us know what you want and we will email you 5 books you might like.
- Personalized Playlist: Looking for some new tunes? Answer a few questions and let us make you a playlist of 5 songs you might like.