The Young Adult Department of the Hays Public Library is a space devoted to teens. The collection, computer lab, programs and more are all for local teens. To improve our space we have several expectations from you:
- You must be in the 6th-12th grade (or 12 years old)
- Outside drinks need to have a lid.
- Snacks provided by the library are a privilege, and should be treated as such.
- During the times school is not in session, we keep the area exclusively for teens. Adults and younger folks are allowed to come in and look for a book, but teens have priority to this area.
- Respect library property
- Respect the property of others
- Respect others using the library
- Keep your hands to yourself
- Use appropriate language
- Pick up after yourself
- Use your indoor voice
- You are responsible for your belongings. Place them in a cubby. Cubbies are video-monitored. Staff is not responsible for your belongings.
- We have a phone available for you to call local numbers. If you need to use a cellphone, please make calls briefly and quietly.
Inability to follow the guidelines listed above will result in a warning