The Young Adult Department of the Hays Public Library is a space devoted to teens. The collection, computer lab, programs and more are all for local teens. To improve our space we have several expectations from you:
- You must be in the 6th-12th grade (or 12 years old)
- Outside drinks need to have a lid.
- Snacks provided by the library are a privilege, and should be treated as such.
During the times school is not in session, we keep the area exclusively for teens. Adults and younger folks are allowed to come in
and look for a book, but teens have priority to this area.
- Respect library property
- Respect the property of others
- Respect others using the library
- Keep your hands to yourself
- Use appropriate language
- Pick up after yourself
- Use your indoor voice
You are responsible for your belongings. Place them in a cubby. Cubbies are video-monitored. Staff is not responsible for your
- We have a phone available for you to call local numbers. If you need to use a cellphone, please make calls briefly and quietly.
Inability to follow the guidelines listed above will result in a warning