Mission: The Hays Public Library Trust helps to address unmet needs of the Hays Public Library through supplemental investments & funding and through collaboration with library administration.
The Hays Public Library Trust was established in 2001 to facilitate the Library's partnership with the community and to promote the library's goals and needs to the community. The Trust serves as a source for funding emergent and unexpected needs and events associated with the library. The Trust's first project raised $700,000 in private donations for the Carnegie Library replica exterior of the remodeled and expanded Hays Public Library.
Giving: Giving to the Hays Public Library Trust can be accomplished in a variety of ways convenient to you. Newly available is a brokerage account facilitating donations of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other publicly traded securities. See below for more information.
- Cash, Check or Credit Card: The most popular way to give. It is tax deductible and can also be paid over time. Matching gifts by employer could double your contrbution. Your employer's human resource staff will provide you with the information.
- Securities: A gift of stocks or bonds could provide long-term support for the library as well as substanial tax savings. Stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or other publicly traded securities can be donated using our brokerage account held at Commerce Brokerage Services, Inc. For delivery instruction, please contact financial consultant Kyle Herrman at (620)276-5636.
- Personal Property: Works of art, rare books, the collections of scholarly interest are examples of items that could be donated. They qualify as a deduction at a fair market price.
- Provide for the Library and plan for the future: There are many ways that combine giving with planning your financial future. See your financial advisor to maximize the tax advantages.
- Life Insurance (if you no longer need the protection provided)
- Gift Annuity
- Charitable Reminder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Life Estates
Board Members: Elizabeth Harris, Jolene Haas, Pauline Scott, David Dunn, Roger Batson, Lou Caplan and Eric Norris.
Seated from L to R: Elizabeth Harris, Jolene Haas
Standing from L to R: David Dunn, Pauline Scott, and Eric Norris
Not Pictured: Roger Batson and Lou Caplan
News: The Hays Public Library Trust is currently looking for a Board Member. From more information please contact Luci Bain at
(785) 625-9014 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the Hays Public Library Trust can be directed to Lucia Bain at the library.