We are so grateful for all the wonderful book, DVD and CD donations we receive. Due to the overwhelming generosity of the community, we sometimes are inundated with book donations. We certainly want these donations to continue, but we need your help in coping with large numbers.
Here are some guidelines that will help us all:
Please bring small donations - less than 3 boxes- to the libraries during regular library hours only. Sometimes the library is too busy for a staff person to leave their post to assist you. Storage space in the libraries can also be an issue. Please do not put donations in the book drop or leave them by any library's back doors.
What we want to receive as donations:
- Books on all subjects in good condition
- DVDs and CDs and sheet music
- Electronic Games
What we don't want to receive as donations:
- Reader's Digest condensed books
- Encyclopedias older than five years
- Encyclopedia year books
- Books that have broken spines, missing pages or covers
- Books that are stained or have mold, mildew, rot, pet stains, insect or rodent damage. These can contaminate other books as well as present health hazards.
For donations of multi-boxes of books, please make arrangements to drop off your donations by calling 540 662-9041, ext. 31 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. With prior arrangements, volunteers or staff will be on hand to assist.
Throughout the year we have special Saturday drop-off mornings, where volunteers are available to help receive your donations. These dates are publicized at all libraries and on the library's website.
Proceeds from the FHRL Used Book Sales benefit all library locations.