Central Library Media Services (CLMS)
Provide support for Library Media Services and School Librarians by:
- identifying staff development needs for school librarians and CLMS staff, and offering programs to meet them
- assisting School Librarians in integrating library resources and services into the curriculum and programs by helping align library resources and services for digital age literacy
- providing information resources and services for School Librarians; increasing awareness for library resources and services for administrators
- facilitating improvement of library facilities and working with school librarians to manage physical collections to use space more efficiently and plan for future needs
- collaborating with external partners and vendors to provide better services for school libraries
- managing and updating library software
Acquisition Librarian and Head Cataloger
Provides leadership for School Librarians on collection development and professional development. Monitors library budgeting, library material orders, and school library collection analyses. Works with Technical Operating Manager and county Finance Dept. on library material contracts and bids. Manages and updates data for the online public access catalog (OPAC).
Library System Administrator
Responsible for the overall management and operation of the centralized integrated library automation system and technical services. Trains library staff on the system and acts as the central help desk for users. Site Administrator for Central Library Media Services pages in CCPSPortal. Serves as primary point for all library staff concerning access issues with online databases. Forwards communiqués to all librarians from DOE, VEMA, etc.