Circulation of Library Materials
- Materials are loaned based on the following:
Books may be renewed if the item is not on hold for another patron. Materials may be renewed via the telephone.
MATERIAL TYPE CIRCULATION PERIOD FINE PER DAY / PER ITEM MAXIMUM FINE PER ITEM RENEWAL PERIOD BOOK 14 DAYS $.10 $2.00 2 RENEWALS AUDIOBOOK 14 DAYS $1.00 $10.00 NO RENEWALS VIDEO 7 DAYS $1.00 $10.00 NO RENEWALS POPULAR BOOKS 14 DAYS $1.00 $10.00 NO RENEWALS
- Due to the small size of the libraries' collections, checkout limits per card are enforced as follows:
No more than 4 items in any given subject area may be checked out at one time. No more than 3 popular items may be checked out at once. New patrons will be limited to two items.
ADULT CARDS 10 Items CHILDREN CARDS 10 Items VIDEOS 2 per card AUDIOS 2 per card
- Materials may be placed on hold. Patrons will be contacted when the material is available. Patrons may, also, request materials not owned by the library through Interlibrary Loan. Reserved books and Interlibrary Loan items will be held at the Circulation desk for 7 days following notification.
- Reference materials cannot be circulated. Magazines cannot be circulated. Additionally, books may be placed on "temporary reference" when resources on a particular subject are limited.
- Materials must be returned to the public library from which they were borrowed. "Book Returns" are provided outside each library in order for patrons to return library books when the library is not open. Non-print materials must be returned at the desk of the loaning library. NON-PRINT MATERIALS MUST NOT BE RETURNED THROUGH THE BOOK RETURNS.
- A patron is responsible for all materials borrowed on his library card. Each patron may use only his library card to borrow library materials. If materials are lost or damaged, the patron on whose card the material was borrowed must pay for lost or damaged items. The patron will be charged replacement cost plus a processing fee. The charge for out-of-print materials will be $25.00 or the original price of the material, if higher.